An Overview of Primantiism

Primantiism - An Overview of a Religion

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Around the World 2 - Deluxe Double Egg & Cheese - Do People Order This?

I am going Around the World on the Primantis menu, through every sandwich, in order.

Second on the menu is the Deluxe Double Egg & Cheese. Sandwiches like this are why I waited so long to start a project like this: It just didn't seem all that appealing. My first thoughts were, "what if I order an egg on it? Would they do it? Deluxe Triple Egg & Cheese?" and "What if I get double meat? does egg count as a meat? It usually doesn't during Lent. Is that the Deluxe Quadruple Egg and Cheese, or does it simply not happen?"

But I ordered it anyway, and this is it:
There's egg under all that

It's your standard Primanti sandwich, but instead of meat, there was a bunch of fried egg. As someone who is used to getting egg on their sandwich, it seemed like there truly was something missing...namely a meat flavor. Egg brings out other flavors on a sandwich typically. I didn't think it brought out the coleslaw or french fry flavors, those flavors certainly didn't make much of an appearance like what you saw with the Pitts-burger. 

There's just no meat there.

I'll admit, after the first half of the sandwich, I slathered it in Red Devil Hot Sauce, which made it at least a bit better. I was in search of flavor, and I simply wasn't getting it. 

It was bland. There's no way around it. If you were there for breakfast, this might be a good sandwich...but there are options with bacon and eggs, which have to be better than this. The only reason to order this is if you're a vegetarian who doesn't mind eggs...which I don't think is common (though I could be wrong, I really don't know), or if it's Lent and you really don't like fish. 

It wasn't a bad sandwich, but I won't be ordering it again.

Taste: 5 It wasn't bad, just bland. Egg alone isn't enough for this kind of sandwich.
Satisfaction: 2 I had to add hot sauce just to get flavor, and egg doesn't stay together well. It was difficult to keep this sandwich in one piece, which did not help the overall experience.
Flavor: 1 I can't imagine a sandwich from this place with less taste. Again, not bad, just absent.
Enjoyable: 3 If it were bad, it'd be less enjoyable. But this was certainly not enjoyable.
Pittsburghness: 0 This sandwich is no sammich, Western PA has a lot more flavor than this.

Overall: 3 Not awful, but certainly not good

Should I get this sandwich? No. There's no real reason to get this. Look elsewhere on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment