An Overview of Primantiism

Primantiism - An Overview of a Religion

Friday, May 20, 2016

Around the World 13 - Pastrami & Cheese - delicious

I am going Around the World on the Primantis menu, eating every sandwich, in order.

13th on the list is the Pastrami and Cheese, the salty brine-cured meat is a deli classic best known in New York City at iconic establishments like Katz's Deli. It's just as delicious in the Pittsburgh treatment, but it sure isn't piled high like it is in the Big Apple.

The highest part is the bread, followed by the french fries. 

Like too many of these sandwiches, there isn't enough meat. It's not by much, but I bet this is perfect with double meat, and I honestly cannot wait to try that. The meat is wonderfully salty, the grease is ideal, and I wish there was simply more to compete with the other flavors inherent in the Primanti sammich.

It's barely visible, but the pastami is there. Make it visible!

Look, I understand that pastrami is a very expensive meat, but I would gladly pay a little more to have more meat there. Increase it by a buck and give me 150% of the pastrami there now. That would be the ideal sandwich. 

It's absolutely worth getting, but it's not what it SHOULD be. That's the whole dilemma, it could be so much better, but it's not. 

The saltiness is fantastic though, and the umami of the pastrami should not be underestimated. This is a meat that simply belongs in a setting like Primantis, and it's definitely a good, solid choice. You'll never hear me doubt someone who orders this.

Even if this time, it gave me quite the stomach ache later on, it was worth it.

Taste: 8 Put more meat on there, it will be better.
Satisfaction: 8 So close to being perfect. I'm curious what effect an egg might have, too.
Flavor: 10 The meat is delicious, when you get that flavor in your mouth, you savor it.
Enjoyable: 9 It's worthwhile. 
Pittsburghness: 7 It's so known as being NYC's meat that we definitely take a back seat.
Should I Get This Sandwich? Yes! This is never a bad choice. Probably the best sandwich to try an extra on there, which I fully intend to do

Ranking:
Capicola (with Egg)
Capicola
Pastrami
Pittsburgher Cheese Steak
Kielbasa
Hot Sausage
Genoa Salami (Double Meat)
Jumbo Baloney
Turkey
Triple Cheese
Genoa Salami
Ham
Egg
Bacon, Egg & Cheese
Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment