An Overview of Primantiism

Primantiism - An Overview of a Religion

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Around the World 15 - Rajun Cajun Chicken Breast - No Rajun Here

I am going Around the World on the Primantis menu, eating every sandwich, in order.

15th is the Rajun Cajun Chicken Breast sandwich, something that I wanted to be amazing, an idea that I am all about, and yet...it disappointed.

In there is a package of underwhelming

It's a chicken breast that has been seasoned in Cajun spices, and it simply is not seasoned enough. There's flavor...but it's mostly the chicken. I read "rajun", and with that spelling, I wanted some heat. I would be left wanting. It isn't spicy.

Needs more seasoning

I admit that when I call something spicy, it should be really spicy...but I'm no fire-eater. I love Frank's Red Hot, but Frank's Extra Spicy is inedible to me. So I'm just above average on the kind of spiciness I want. 

This sandwich is not anywhere near my preferred range. Now some people have disagreed with me, that it's plenty spicy. That sometimes you get it with a lot more seasoning and it's excellent then. I have not had that experience. 

In fact, as I've tried various sandwiches with different upgrades (double meat, egg, etc), I might go back to this and tell them to season the hell out of it and see if I get the great sammich others tell me about. 

If you want a pretty basic chicken breast sandwich with just a little bit of zing, there's nothing wrong with this sandwich, but there's nothing above average about it, either.

Taste: 7 It's not off-putting, it's just not what I expected - spicy. It's not spicy.
Satisfaction: 1 It says it's Rajun...it's not. It isn't what it is advertised to be, so I was unsatisfied.
Flavor: 5 It's chicken breast. It's good. There's a hint of seasoning. Nothing more.
Enjoyable: 6 I can't get past how little Rage exists.
Pittsburghness: 0 Pittsburgh might not be the spiciest town, but when we do things, we go all out and do it right. Despite our lack of Cajun influence, we still should represent it properly. This doesn't. It fails to do it Pittsburghly. 
Should I get this Sandwich? No Not until I can do more research and tell you how to ensure a good experience.

Really and truly, this could be dropped from the main menu and nothing would be lost.

Ranking:
Capicola (with Egg)
Corned Beef
Capicola
Pastrami
Pittsburgher Cheese Steak
Kielbasa
Hot Sausage
Genoa Salami (Double Meat)
Jumbo Baloney
Turkey
Rajun Cajun
Triple Cheese
Genoa Salami
Ham
Egg
Bacon, Egg & Cheese
Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment