An Overview of Primantiism

Primantiism - An Overview of a Religion

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Around the World 16 - Roast Beef & Cheese - Terrifically Underrated

I am going Around the World on the Primantis menu, eating every sandwich, in order.

16th on this list is the Roast Beef & Cheese. Yes, it's a little out of order here, but I assure you I ate it before the Pastrami. How I messed that up, I don't know, but at least the counts make sense again.

The Roast Beef & Cheese is excellent. After having less-than-stellar experiences with other "typical" meats that you see in every restaurant, I was truly satisfied here. The roast beef was flavorful, it was satisfying, there was enough there, and it fit in with the other flavors involved.

Unpretentious, even in its appearance.

I don't think anybody gives the Roast Beef the time of day, and I don't know why. I've said before that people new to Primantis often get the turkey, which I have seen happen numerous times since I published that post. However, Roast Beef doesn't get the same kind of love, and I don't know why. It's a safe name, nd it's very good. 

There's a lot of flavor involved here. You get a hint of smokey on top of the usual beef flavors, and though it's a touch on the salty side, I found it to be remarkably pleasant. I think an egg might improve this, but I have been noticing that double meat DOES NOT fix a lot of problems, so I might try it with this, but I am not sure that it will be better. 

Is it better or worse than the Pittsburgher? I came across this issue when trying to rank them, and I must say that it's a difficult question. They're both beef. they're both flavorful. One is clearly more Pittsburgh-like, one is a delicious lunchmeat. The Pittsburgher is so good because it balances the flavors exquisitely. You taste the burger, coleslaw, and french fries equally. With the Roast Beef, the meat is king, you taste it most. I put the Roast Beef above the Pittsburgher in the ranking for that reason - you order the meat, it should be most important - but for a first-timer or n00b, I think the Pittsburgher is a better choice.

No complaints, it's a solid sammich, and I've already been ordering this when I want something different and milder than my usual picks of spiced deli meats.

Taste: 8 A solid 8. It's not going to overthrow the top shelf, but it's right at their heels
Satisfaction: 8 I feel that there's room for improvement, I want more of that flavor, but idk how.
Flavor: 9 It's delicious, but again, doesn't hold up against capicolas and pastramis
Enjoyable: 8 There is nothing not to like.
Pittsburghness: 6 Nothing shouts Picksburgh about this sammich, but quality is quality.
Should I Get This Sandwich? Yes If you want a safe pick, this is a safe pick.

Ranking:
Capicola (with Egg)
Corned Beef
Capicola
Pastrami
Roast Beef
Pittsburgher Cheese Steak
Kielbasa
Hot Sausage
Genoa Salami (Double Meat)
Jumbo Baloney
Turkey
Rajun Cajun
Triple Cheese
Genoa Salami
Ham
Egg
Bacon, Egg & Cheese
Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment